Frank is absolutely right.  The way it's used and the environment is
most important.  If you're just doing basic PALS with two residents in
the auditorium the fidelity doesn't help you much.  Where it does help
is when you use a multi person team in a realistic environment.  It
should be a much about the team and the process as diagnosing the
"disease".

We've been using the Meti BabySim for a couple of years now with good
success.  It's fairly mobile (although ours is wired which can be a
pain).  It's held up well.  Only repair so far was the airway that an
overly enthusiastic resident tore through with the laryngoscope.
Their customer service is OK.  Willling to come in for service, but
sometimes takes awhile.

I found programming a bit time consuming at first, but now that I've
done a couple dozen it comes much more easily.  If you just put in the
basics, you can adjust the rest on the fly once you get used to the
program.

SSIH is very helpful, and the SAEM SIG on simulation has some basic
cases to get you started...

I'd be more than happy to discuss with anyone as well.

Sincerely,
Chris

Christopher Strother, MD
Fellow, Pediatric Emergency Medicine