 Good morning,

I posted this query to the ADE list, and a few of its members suggested that
I join this list as well.

I am in the process of transcribing a series of 18th century merchant
account books from Virginia with the ultimate goal of publishing the
transcriptions along with a history of the firm. Before I get too far into
the process, I wanted to see if anyone had any guidance for what file format
is best to use.

I'm using MS Word right now, but I'm thinking that an Excel spreadsheet may
be better, as it would allow me to search and sort the data, and would still
permit me to embed the table into the book manuscript. Are there any caveats
that should be noted with either format?

Any thoughts?

W. Scott Smith
Lynchburg, Virginia

--
W. Scott Smith, Managing Partner
The Antiquaries, LC

The Piedmont Center, 311 Rivermont Avenue
P.O. Box 75, Lynchburg, VA 24505
Home Office 434-528-3995
Mobile 434-401-3995
www.theantiquaries.com