Good morning,

I posted this query to the ADE list, and a few of its members suggested that I join this list as well.

I am in the process of transcribing a series of 18th century merchant account books from Virginia with the ultimate goal of publishing the transcriptions along with a history of the firm. Before I get too far into the process, I wanted to see if anyone had any guidance for what file format is best to use.

I'm using MS Word right now, but I'm thinking that an Excel spreadsheet may be better, as it would allow me to search and sort the data, and would still permit me to embed the table into the book manuscript. Are there any caveats that should be noted with either format?

Any thoughts?

W. Scott Smith
Lynchburg, Virginia

--
W. Scott Smith, Managing Partner
The Antiquaries, LC

The Piedmont Center, 311 Rivermont Avenue
P.O. Box 75, Lynchburg, VA 24505
Home Office 434-528-3995
Mobile 434-401-3995
www.theantiquaries.com