In a message dated 5/7/2008 09:08:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> > Have you tried hard apple cider?  If you like sweet, which I infer
> > from the wine cooler comment that you do, it's hard to beat cider,
> >

> I do like cider.  I haven't tried hard cider, though.
>
> stevo

Trying to steer this back into a more conlangy thread:
How do people treat the subject of alcoholic drinks and other mind-altering
subjects in their conlangs.
Saweli has a catch-all for alcoholic drinks and then using its five 'polarity
indicators' (ba/be/bi/bo/bu) as a graded scale of proof or merely type.
la'apis            alcohol, spirits, booze, liquor.
la'apibas       liquor, hard liquor, booze, distilled liquor.
la'apibes       liqueur.
la'apibis       wine.
la'apibos       ale.
la'apibus       beer.