Paul Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 27 May 2008, Paul Bartlett wrote:
>
>> Over the last century there have been several attempts at an
>> intergermanic auxiliary language, so this is nothing new.  The
>> earliest that I myself know of was Elias Molee's tutonish [sic; he
>> did not use majuscules] of 1907.  [...]
> I just checked my files.  The original date for tutonish was 1902.
> Sorry for the error.
Perhaps some historically-minded person can provide some help here. An
index compiled by my illustrious predecessor Montagu Butler dates
tutonish in 1901; but the only publication now held by the Butler
Library is "tutonish; a teutonic international language", 96p. by Elias
Molee, published by the author in Tacoma, tentatively dated in 1906. I
think tutonish may have gone through more than one version. Does anybody
know?

Geoffrey King