Most welcome. Btw  www.travlang.com/languages/ you can find a mini
travelers languages guide for Frisian, with many expressions like "good
day", "how are you", "goodbye", "where is the bathroom", "when does the train
to ... leave" etc. Including sound samples!
May be useful ;-)

Ingmar

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 00:05:06 -0500, Chris Peters
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ingmar,
>
>Thank you so much for your help!  My family is grateful for your assistance --
 this is the first time we've ever heard my grandmother sing or speak Frisian at
all, so the song came as a surprise to us.

>:chris
>> Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 17:29:21 -0400> From:
[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: OT: Looking for Dutch
children's song> To: [log in to unmask]> > http://www.tresoar.nl/
is the website of this organisation, you can choose > between Frisian, Dutch
and English for this site> > Ingmar> > On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 17:26:58 -0400,
Ingmar Roerdinkholder > <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> >
>This is the answer from my friend from Friesland, he recognized it
immediately.> >He sent me the so-called Stellingwarvian version of the song,
from the Low> >Saxon speaking South Eastern part of Friesland, so this
version is not in > Frisian> >proper. He gave the advise to ask "Tresoar", a
Frisian cultural and literary> >organisation.> >> >Ingmar> >> >Ja, ik wete et!
Ik zag drekt dat dit Suse nane poppe was. Et is een> >wiegelietien, wodt dus
zongen veur kleine kiender. We kennen et in et> >Stellingwarfs ok, mar wel mit
een stark Friese inslag. Et lietien komt in een> >protte variaosies veur. Et
staot zo in et Stellingwarfs Woordeboek:> >> >Suse nane poppe,> >poppe ligt
in de groppe,> >va en moe zo veer van huus,> >die kan poppe niet roppe.>
>> >Mar... hoe et in et Fries is, wee 'k vanzels niet. Ie zollen Tresoar in >
Liwwadden> >mailen kunnen... Die weten et grif wel! Ze staon wel bi'j de
verwiezings op> >mien webstee. Daor zit et Fries Letterkundig Museum ok bi'j
in. Sukses!> >> >Johan> >> >On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 13:59:07 -0500, Chris
Peters> ><[log in to unmask]> wrote:> >> >>Lars,> >>> >>Thanks -
- you have my permission. You also have permission to share my> >personal
email address, as well. (Please feel free to clean up the formatting > of> >my
email, too -- it doesn't look like my "corrections" were accepted, either.)> >>>
>>:Chris> >>> Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 20:38:14 +0200> From:
[log in to unmask]>> >Subject: Re: OT: Looking for Dutch children's
song> To:> >[log in to unmask]> > Hi, Chris.> With your permission
I'd like to> >forward your message to a forum with > a lot of Dutch and Frisian
members,> >who are also knowledgeable in > English.> > LEF>
> _> >>Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the iím Initiative from
Microsoft.> >>http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?
source=EML_WL_> >MakeCount
>Now you can invite friends from Facebook and other groups to join you on
Windows Liveô Messenger. Add now.