(re Schmuck)

Hopefully Henrik was using it in the sense that my dictionary gives
"decoration; jewelry", and the verb schm├╝cken 'to decorate, adorn'...
so, by way of "the family jewels"????

IIRC in Yiddish it refers specifically to the penis, and as a term of
opprobrium "What a ....!"

On a higher note, there's a lovely Bach chorale based on the hymn "Schm├╝cke
dich, O liebe Seele" (in Engl. "Deck thyself, O my soul...")