> > But how> > does a Frisian/Dutch grandmother know this German song?> > This song was taught to me by my (American) cousin. I don't know > where she learned it. It was Chris Peters that said his grandmother > knew the other song.>

Correct:  I'm the one with the musical Frisian grandmother.

Which leads me to a tangential question I know somebody on this list will have the answer to.  I was recently sharing the same "grandmother" story with my sister (actually my half-sister:  we share a father, while the Frisian grandmother is on my mother's side).  She's a recent college grad in the language arts.  She asked me if there are any pockets of Frisian speakers outside of Friesland province itself -- because she's heard of some small European language or another whose speakers had migrated out of their homeland, through Spain, and on into England.  I told her I don't think so; I assume she's thinking of another language entirely.

Anybody have any ideas what language she might be referring to?
Now you can invite friends from Facebook and other groups to join you on Windows Live™ Messenger. Add now.