> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Bartlett

> I use ISO 8859-1 / Latin-1, and the message came through
looking like
> fairly standard European accented letters, edh and thorn at
the end,
> with one exception, the 11th character.  (My mail setup does
> not handle UTF-8 well.)

I've been having a problem with this for a long time, so I
thought I'd take a stab at fixing it and it came through fine on
my end.  It turns out there was a setting buried a few levels
down that I had on UTF-7 instead of UTF-8.  FYI: The 11th was a
lowercase eng (?), a letter I use in a couple of my conlangs
including my most recent concept called Li?glis which also uses
  i  .

FWIW: The internet is moving toward UTF-8 encoding for Unicode,
including domain names though I haven't seen a big rush to get
non-ASCII domains registered because universal support just
doesn't exist yet, but I think it would be fun to register
something like "?.net".