On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:12:00 -0700, Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Why not live openly *now*, while you're still around to collaborate and
>explain and present?

Let me draw an analogy. When I am doing a drawing or painting, I can't stand
to have anyone see it before it's finished. If they say anything about it I
will never be able to get the comment out of my head; if they don't say
anything I will wonder why not. Maybe there is something in your life that
you have the same feeling about.

Some people have a lang that is very personal; they feel it would be
compromised or spoiled somehow if others saw it. I have not been that way
with my langs but sometimes I wish I had protected some of them until they
were more complete.

Collaborating is not a goal of the more individualistic conlangers. And we
wonder if explaining is really possible.