--- On Sat, 7/12/08, Geoffrey King <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> steve rice wrote:
> > -
> > I wish you would be willing to record these memories.
> Anecdotes supporting the humanity of artificial languages
> will prove vital. This could be a great era for auxlangs,
> better than any previous time, but we must seize the
> initiative.
> >
> I've made a start, in English, here:
> <http://geoffreyking.wordpress.com/a-brief-history-not-a-cv/000-my-life-already/412-esperanto-in-my-life-1/>
>
> and several following pages.
> Some of the more personal stuff is still painful 25 uyears
> after it
> happened, but I'll try to write it up sometime.

Not asking for anything painful. One of the easiest things to sell in journalism is human interest. People may not care about current events, politics, and so forth, but most people care about falling in love, getting married, and raising kids. It also demonstrates the humanity of a supposedly fake language. We need to write up such things and try for a media blitz. It could be done, and it could change some minds. And if any money comes of it, I'd be willing to donate it to set up a New Languages Advocacy group as a kind of pincer move.

Steve

PS I agree with you about Spanish.