> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Geoffrey King

> >> If there was such an adverb, yes that's what it would be. Though it
> >> would be about as useful as saying "Englishly".
> >>
> > "like an English person"? In Esperanto you might say "mi parlas angle"
> > (or is that "mi parlas angllingve"?). ["mi parolas anglalingve" is
> > clearer - GK]
>
> Looks like I was thinking in Esperanto. I took it that as Ingli is the
> name of the language, then the adverb would mean "in the Ingli
> language". Was I wrong?

Ingli doesn't operate like Esperanto, but more like an English-based pidgin so there's really no adverbial form of "Ingli" any more than English would have a word like "Englishly".  To say "I speak Ingli" would be more like "I speak use/using Ingli."

I've always found the Esperanto overuse of averbs in Esperanto to be somewhat annoying because adverbs tend to be used as locative nouns and in a case like this, an instrumental.