> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lars Finsen

> Here is the classification system I used when I set up my
first
> substantial word lists in Urianian. There are 17 broad
classes that I
> modified as I went along to contain roughly the same number of
words
> and give me a good overview over each class as they grew. The
names
> of the classes indicate how further subdivision could be made,
if
> necessary.
>
> 1. Adjectives, adverbs and prepositions pertaining to
existence,
> relation, order, number, quantity, time, existence verbs
> 2. Pronouns, conjunctions, particles, prefixes, suffixes,
> interjections
> 3. Nouns pertaining to dead matter and its shapes and
properties
> 4. Adjectives and adverbs pertaining to dead matter and its
shapes
> and properties
> 5. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to vegetable
matter
> 6. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to non-human
animal matter
> 7. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to humans, human
body
> parts and physical functions
> 8. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to human mental
functions
> 9. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to work and
objects or
> materials worked upon
> 10. General descriptive verbs
> 11. Verbs pertaining to motion
> 12. Verbs pertaining to change of shape
> 13. Verbs pertaining to change of structure
> 14. Verbs pertaining to other change of material properties
> 15. Verbs pertaining to relation, exchange, non-destructive
> influence
> and reaction to such, communication
> 16. Verbs pertaining to life processes, senses, feelings,
> body functions
> 17. Verbs pertaining to work, order, measuring, intellectual
> processes, abstract actions

I've considered similar systems before, which were inspired by
seeing the classifications used in Bantu languages.  I do have
one of my experimental languages where I made a class system for
people, animals, plants, inanimates, abstracts, actions, states,
transitions, causations, and motion.

> Maybe this won't be of use or interest to anyone, but at least
it's
> on-topic!

Give the thread a little time.  It will soon drift into
something completely OT.  Maybe we could get another YAEPT
going?