Hi,
Here is the classification system I used when I set up my first
substantial word lists in Urianian. There are 17 broad classes that I
modified as I went along to contain roughly the same number of words
and give me a good overview over each class as they grew. The names
of the classes indicate how further subdivision could be made, if
necessary.

1. Adjectives, adverbs and prepositions pertaining to existence,
relation, order, number, quantity, time, existence verbs
2. Pronouns, conjunctions, particles, prefixes, suffixes, interjections
3. Nouns pertaining to dead matter and its shapes and properties
4. Adjectives and adverbs pertaining to dead matter and its shapes
and properties
5. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to vegetable matter
6. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to non-human animal matter
7. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to humans, human body
parts and physical functions
8. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to human mental functions
9. Nouns, adjectives and adverbs pertaining to work and objects or
materials worked upon
10. General descriptive verbs
11. Verbs pertaining to motion
12. Verbs pertaining to change of shape
13. Verbs pertaining to change of structure
14. Verbs pertaining to other change of material properties
15. Verbs pertaining to relation, exchange, non-destructive influence
and reaction to such, communication
16. Verbs pertaining to life processes, senses, feelings, body functions
17. Verbs pertaining to work, order, measuring, intellectual
processes, abstract actions

Maybe this won't be of use or interest to anyone, but at least it's
on-topic!

LEF