Rick Harrison, On 09/07/2008 21:19:
> I believe monogamy or something close to it would help one achieve fluency,
> which apparently is a wonderful experience judging by the descriptions I've
> read -- what a great joy it is to be able to talk, think and dream in one's
> own language. That's the main reason why I regret spreading myself too thin.
> Half-baked projects that don't get fully developed can't take their creators
> to the jhana of fluency.

"Jhana of fluency" -- cool phrase, cool cool phrase.

Faithful monogamy, I attest from experience, is no guarantor of fluency or even of the potentiality of fluency; I'm like one of those bikers whose bike is forever in pieces in the garage as it is repeatedly built and unbuilt, and so never permits one to ride it, never to feel the wind through the hair. Now that you mention it, though, there is a kind a jhana of design, as it gets ever purer, ever closer to perfection...

--And.