On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:57 PM, And Rosta <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Rick Harrison, On 09/07/2008 21:19:
>>
>> I believe monogamy or something close to it would help one achieve
>> fluency,
>> which apparently is a wonderful experience judging by the descriptions

> Faithful monogamy, I attest from experience, is no guarantor of fluency or
> even of the potentiality of fluency; I'm like one of those bikers whose bike
> is forever in pieces in the garage as it is repeatedly built and unbuilt,

Nor is fickle monagamy, or even polygamy, a great hindrance to attaining
fluency in one language; devising one or two sketchlangs per year hasn't
kept me from becoming tolerably fluent in gj-zym-byn.  (Perhaps they've
even helped; by diverting my tinkering tendencies to these mostly
short-lived projects, they might have helped me keep gzb more stable
and learnable.)

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/conlang/fluency-survey.html