Hi folks,

One thing I have in my plans for the Image Markup Tool is an option to
stream the image itself into the TEI file itself, in (probably) Base64
encoding, so that a single file could contain the XML and the image
file. This would make a good archive format, I think. It would make the
XML file rather ungainly, but it would be possible at some future date
to recover both the image and the XML (including annotations, comments,
metadata etc.) from the one file.

Cheers,
Martin

--