Hi, Thomas--

Have you checked out the section on performance texts?
<http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/DR.html>  This
seems to have several tags that describe the kinds of data you want to
record.  The problem is that the tags in that module are meant to mark
up printed dramatic texts or transcriptions of performances, rather
than bibliographic data about performances.  But I wonder if this may
be an inherent problem with your approach--you are transcribing one
text but you want to include lots of information about another within
the structures intended for information about your source document.
Perhaps it would be best to create a separate xml file about the
performance and point to it in your review files.  I assume you could
possibly encounter multiple reviews about a single performance,
correct?  If so, you probably wouldn't want to restate all of this
information about the performance in each review file anyway.  I think
it would be cleaner to store it in a separate file, where perhaps you
could implement some of these performance tags.

I'm not sure how (if at all) this translates to P5 but the Whitman
Archive for one has used a <relations> tag in the header to accomplish
something similar.  Within <relations> is <work>, whose ID attribute
points to a separate xml file that contains a description of whatever
abstract work that single document manifests, thereby tying together
multiple variants of the same work.  It seems like a clean,
straightforward way of representing a relationship analogous to the
one you describe.

Could anyone suggest a P5 way of doing this?

Hope this helps...
Amanda

--
Amanda Gailey