Dear Thomas,
Even if the current content model (and the corresponding prose which
explicitely excludes bibliographical aspects...) does not seem to
match, I have a strong intuition that what you want to describe, i.e.
the setting about which a text is would be a good candidate for
<profileDesc>. As a matter of fact, I would see the use of <setting>
(see http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/html/ref-
setting.html) as close to appropriate.
<profileDesc>
	<settingDesc>