Michael Poxon quoted:

>> Tangentially, how does your J-less conlang transliterate the "J" sound in
>> "Jim" and "John"? I've done so by substituting "Z" [dz] for it in Cl. Ar.

Kash: those would be "cim" [tSim] and "can" [tSan], but their /c/ can be
semi-voiced. Of course any Kash resident on Earth will have learned proper
English (they have ways....).

Gwr: closer, but [dZiN], [dZaN], probably mid-tone; but if some
(semi-)obscene or insulting homophone has a different tone, that could be
used (maybe not in direct address, if Jim and John are fluent in Gwr). There
are probably related languages that retain /-m/.

Prevli: could pronounce [dZIm, dZan] but [dZ] is not a phoneme, it derives
from obs. agentive gi+(h)V- and is rare.