It seems that many anglophones don't see accents at all. There's a furniture
company with stores in Britain called Moeben (i.e., m, o-umlaut,b, e, n)
which is always pronounced as if there were no umlaut on the o! Aaargh!
nd yes, Tony Blair speaks vg French. Such a shame that his English was so
full of bullsh*t.
Mike