John Vertical wrote:

> Not quite. The contrast can be found in a number of Volta-Congo languages,
> probably most famously Ewe. Wikipedia claims this to exist also in a
> southern Bantu language going by the name of Venda...
>
> John Vertical

Could be. I haven't heard recordings of Venda, but I have a Venda
dictionary I found at a Half Price Books, which has a note about the
sounds written as "fh" and "vh": "fh, vh are voiceless and voiced
bilabial fricatives". I assume that plain "f" and "v" are labiodental
fricatives, but that's not explicitly stated.

A language with all three of bilabial, labiodental, and dental
fricatives would be problematic in Kjaginic script, but I could use dots
to distinguish those as the older Tharkania system uses.