The Azurian phonology is tentative still, but I think I have brought
it up to something that can be used in the relay. A reasonably
comprehensive overview is here: http://www.ortygia.no/uriania/
azuriansk-gmp-eng.html

My plan has been to make a synthesis of Faroese and western
Norwegian, with an emphasis of Faroese for the phonology and on
Norwegian for the grammar. The idea is to work out what I think
Faroese would have developed into if it had existed on a biggish
country in continuous contact with mainland Scandinavia. The
phonology is very close to Faroese now, with a small number of
exceptions. I might pull it some further away later. The writing
system, however, is much more phonetic than either Norwegian or Faroese.

The thing that displeases me the most is the poor rendering of the
IPA characters. I guess I'll have to go SAMPA or make a PDF.
Doubtless there are very many other ways to make this better as well.

One wonderful insight I got while studying Faroese was finding a
source for the velarised eth that I found in Azurian placenames. It
turns out that this is in fact a feature of Faroese phonology, at
least historically. I guess this, amongst other similar indications,
can mean either that I am a prophet bringing the attention of the
world to a parallel universe where the country of Uriania really
exists - or that I did study Faroese historical phonology sometime in
my youth. I cannot remember having done such a thing, but there are
many things I cannot now remember from my youth. Youthful minds have
an eerie way of picking up things.

Whatever the reason, fantasies do have a wonderful way of acquiring
lives of their own, surprising their creators with insights and
intuitions that he'd never have guessed that he'd had.

LEF