Since this topic passed the point of being tedious some time ago, I'll make a final attempt to clarify what should have been immediately clear even to the meanest intellect--though evidently some intellects are meaner than others:

THE TOPIC OF MY POSTS WAS NOT IDO AT ALL, BUT NEVES!!!!

It doesn't matter to what I said whether Ido has five speakers or five billion. I merely noted that since Neves keeps bouncing back and forth, and since in his essay he treats Ido as more a hobby than an auxlang proper, he could easily pursue both Eo and Ido. Period. I didn't call Ido a hobby language and I wasn't making fun of its numbers. In context, I don't think Neves was making fun of its user population either; he just said that the number of users was not a reason for learning Ido and offered a different rationale.

So to the extent that I quoted Neves on Ido, I was not seeking to comment on Ido's merits or lack thereof but to document Neves' views as pertinent to his status in the Eo and Ido communities. Whether Neves' assessment is accurate, I leave to others; but what that assessment is, should be clear to all who read his essay.

Steve