On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Risto Kupsala <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sounds like Sambahsa is a hopelessly complex language. How do you justify
all those complexities in a constructed language that is supposedly an
IAL?

I tend to agree, though I admire Olivier for his heroic work in putting such a language together. I personally tend to get lost even when I see words like "aghyern" (I have no idea how "ghy" is supposed to be pronounced).

But of course, I am coming from nearly the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of simplicity. To be honest, and I think I've stated this before, I basically feel that perhaps the only path toward the real utilization of an IAL would be to have people begin to put signs up in airports, maybe with some sign, in the IAL, and eventually to have people start using those words in the context of a language. I think that presenting an IAL as a simple proposal is probably unrealistic. I think, for example, that simply saying that the word "papele" is going to mean things like "paper" and "passport" or "identification papers" would be a way to start.

--
Jens Wilkinson
Neo Patwa (patwa.pbwiki.com)