Thanks Peter, and Lou. Of course we can use the range() pointer
scheme, but then <note> could as well. Is there any purpose to
@targetEnd, above and beyond what is offered by range()? And if there
is, does it not apply to <ref> as well?

It's the inconsistency that bothers me. If @targetEnd is allowed on
<note>, why not on <ref> as well? And if we are going to say that
<ref> doesn't need @targetEnd because we can just use range(), then
why not recommend this method for <note> as well and do away with
@targetEnd altogether?

Dot

--
Dot Porter, MA, MSLS

-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --

Phone: +353 1 234 2444
Fax: +353 1 234 2400
Email: [log in to unmask]

http://dho.ie