Gabriel Bodard schreef:
> We've also been looking at the 'layoutDesc' and 'layout' elements for
> describing the text fields of our text-bearing objects (manuscripts,
> inscribed stones, painted egg-boxes, etc.). The attribute @columns for
> indicating the number of columns of text on a particular support is
> obviously applicable to all kinds of objects, but texts on
> three-dimensional objects have at least one other, parallel feature that
> should be indicated: texts that span multiple faces of an object.
>
> I am inclined to create a feature request on SourceForge to propose the
> creation of a new attribute @faces, that should behave exactly the same
> as @columns.

Could you expand a little on this? How would the @columns and @faces
attribute interact?
It seems to me that the faces of a 3d object are like the pages of a
manuscript, and that columns are subdivisions of pages, or of faces, for
that matter. Put another way: isn't it the face that has a layout,
rather than the layout consisting of multiple faces? Or am I
misunderstanding you completely?

Peter