If a word is segmented or the <w> tag contains an incomplete word, the
segLike attribute @part is available to mark this word as segmented. The
att.segLike class is not available on elements such as <name>,
<persName>, <placeName>, however.

It would seem to me that anything one might want to say about a word or
other grammatical segment (that it is divided, that it has metre or
rhyme or other function, that it has a lemmatized or normalized
headword) one will also want to be able to say about names. In our
corpus all strings of transcribed characters that we have been able to
so resolve are tagged either as <w> or as <name>, with the result that I
can segments words but not names.

Any advice?

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Epigrapher & Digital Classicist)