I must agree with Řyvind that the Guidelines are not very clear on this point,
or at least provide scope for widely varying practices in this respect. For the
Online Froissart project we only use <name> for proper nouns or noun phrases
which as a whole are proper names. For all the things we want to mark up,
including noun phrases which contain proper nouns, we use <rs>.

Godfried