On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:10 AM, MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "Look at that cat hungry for tuna." <-- N-A
>
> --
>  <http://mithridates.blogspot.com>

I would see that as "Look at that cat (that is) hungry for tuna." But on the
other hand, maybe any sentence with an A after a N could be seen as an
ellipsis. In French, "la voiture rouge" could be changed to "la voiture qui
et rouge" and I don't think the meaning would change that much. Just like in
Chinese, the "de" particle can sometimes be taken about, or sometimes is
always taken out. So perhaps in English, the fact that we can say "a car
that is red" means that A can come after N.

Neo Patwa is like that. There is a word "po" that is a kind of all-purpose
preposition. There is another word, "na", which is a postposition. So "nila
na yana" means "a blue car", whereas "yana po nila" means "a car that is
blue."

--
Jens Wilkinson
Neo Patwa (patwa.pbwiki.com)