> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Larry Sulky
> 	And thus my reason for discouraging such a name.  One
> of the main
> 	criterion for selling auxlangs to the world at large is
> the concept
> 	of neutrality, political as well as linguistic.  I can see
where
> 	polarization could quickly take place where people who
> are for or
> 	against Obama will likely take sides....
>
> I suppose that's true; but remember that, outside of the US,
> the Obama side will be about 10 times bigger than the anti-Obama
side.

Well there are those who are just anti-US, regardless of who is in
charge.  The fact is nobody really knows what he's going to do.
He's a fairly new player in Washington.  Politics just doesn't
belong in the auxlang movement, except for the obvious part having
to do with general auxlang advocacy.