--- On Tue, 11/18/08, MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It's worth noting though that ia is definitely worth
> learning as long
> as the tinkerers never end up taking over the community.
> Two new books
> have just been published in the language ereyesterday:
>
> http://www.interlingua.com/novas/2008-11-15-libros

The bigger news is that they're Lulu books! So even the Interlinguans are catching on. POD could shift auxlangs away from expensive old methods to something more realistic.

> And I doubt the books have any of the aqui, eo, ego, so, or
> other
> nonsense. If ia is able to reach a point where there is
> enough
> material in the standard version and with the acceptable
> English-style
> word order ("io da illo a te" as well as "io
> lo te da" for example)
> then the language itself will be stronger. It's
> annoying when you
> write a perfectly correct sentence like "ille esseva
> in le schola e
> videva illes" that gets "corrected" to
> something along the lines of
> "ille era in le schola e les videva".

While listening to "Radio Interlingua," I noticed that "esseva" was far more frequent than "era." And there was at least one case of an object pronoun placed after the conjugated verb. The Germanic users are the key.

Steve