On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Kjell Rehnström <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Cheng-Zhong Su skrev:
>

>> I know that since many centuries ago, the northern Europe developed their
>> pronunciation system far ahead the southern Europe. Now what you said
>> seemed
>> proved it. Also I am not sure what you mean: "without tones in Chinese.
>> That
>> should explain the difference". But hopefully, I think we may find another
>> source to increase the number of sounds in our voice.
>> Cheng-Zhong Su
>>

> I mean exactly what I wrote: Speak Chinese without any tone, as if it were
> English you spoke but with correct vowels and consonants. Test how you would
> be understood.
>
> Have you spoken to a foreigner in Chinese yet?
>
> Kjell R

Take off tone from the Chinese language is exactly like take off vowel from
western language and resume the Phoenician language. It can cause a big
mistake.

I know some foreigner can't use tone properly and the Chinese people still
understand them. The fact is that what they talked are some shallow
meanings, just like an English speaker will not speak idiomatic English to
some foreigners, if the opponent English is not as good as theirs.

Cheng-Zhong Su