thank you for all these bike related links!  i read them all, and ESPECIALLY enjoyed this one.  i just did a lot of snow biking in our last snowstorm here in rhode island and it was so much fun.  however, at the end of the ride i was overjoyed to be able to come inside, change into dry clothes and have a hot cup of tea.  sleeping outside in alaska for weeks while mid-race . . . that's another story.  inspiring though!

these notes on snow biking frames and tires from the race organizer struck me as particularly interesting from a technical perspective.
http://sports.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/23/qa-pushing-the-limit/#comment-2609

-jamie