Folks:

The underwater archaeologists working on the wreck site off Madagascar, suspected to be the Serapis, have discovered a lead box and would love to hear suggestions as to what it might be.  You can see a photo of the box in their latest post to their project journal. Click on the menu item "Site Analysis Call For Help".  Two other new entries, "Site Recording" and "Overall Site Impression" are also now online.   You can see them all here:

http://www.uri.edu/artsci/his/mua/project_journals/serapis08/serapis08_intro.shtml

On another note, I'd like to say thank you to all of you who have offered advice and support to the Chinese junk project we announced yesterday.  Keep the suggestions coming!

http://www.uri.edu/artsci/his/mua/in_the_field/junk.html

Best regards,

T Kurt Knoerl
Director