On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 15:40, David McCann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-12 at 17:46 -0500, Roger Mills wrote:
>> This (though not all msgs) comes back to me with the line breaks suppressed=
>> . . Carsten B. has also complained to me about it.  Is this happening for o=
>> thers?  I can't find any way in my good ol' Hotmail interface to correct it=
>> .=
> All sorts of strange things happen to my messages. If the quotation is
> transmitted correctly, it should include lost of stray ='s.

That sounds as if the messages are sent with
doesn't support this. (Or Roger's email client doesn't say that it's
using QP even though it is.)

> Another
> message includes
>
> Although my interest in languages and conlanging ultimately led me to a
> deg=
> ree in linguistics=2C my conlanging serves no professional purpose.
> =20

Ditto with quoted-printable. (Or, as I've seen it called occasionally,
quoted-unreadable, though I think that's only justified if you
actually see it rather than having your email client handle it for you
behind the scenes.)

> and yet another
>
> T24gRnJpLCBEZWMgMTIsIDIwMDggYXQgNTozNyBQTSwgUm9nZXIgTWlsbHMgPHJmbWlsbHlAbXNu

And that sounds like Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64.

Which email client are you using, David? Is there an upgrade
availablet that will handle MIME formatted messages (specifically,
those that use quoted-printable and base64 Content-Transfer-Encoding?)

Cheers,
--
Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>