On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Israel Noletto wrote:

> 1st (choices 1 through 3) Why have you started conlanging?
>  (  ) Professional Purposes
>  (  ) Influence from others
>  (x) Hobby/pastime
Because to create a potentiality is beauty.  To use one of my favorite
quotes from Ph.D. comics, 'It's got to be beautiful all the way down'

> 2nd (choices 4 through 10) What linguistic mechanisms have you
> applied when conlanging?
>  (x) Studies on Sound Change
>  (  ) Studies on Analogical Change
>  (  ) Studies on Semantic Change
>  (  ) Studies on Syntactic Change
>  (  ) Studies on Borrowing
>  (x) Studies on the Comparative Method for Language (Re)construction
>  (  ) Studies on Linguistic Classification
this is what happens when you create a Romlang!  I sure some of the
others apply, but I can't choose them off the top of my head.

--
Andrew Smith  --  [log in to unmask]  --
http://hobbit.griffler.co.nz/homepage.html

"If you are gonna rebell you have to wear our uniform."