Roger Mills: It seems we speak the same dialect though I don't recall
being criticized in Nebraska for saying "warsh" for wash, but I get a
certain amount of flak here in California over it.

  And now to the Survey:
Israel Noletto wrote:
 > > Hi all, This is a poll I'm conducting as a part of my graduation
final essay.
 > > Please take a few seconds and participate. Thanks in advance

 > > 3 Questions
 > > 1st (choices 1 through 3) Why have you started conlanging?
    ( ) Professional Purposes
    (x ) Influence from others
    (x) Hobby/pastime

I got intrigued by the varieties of grammar while reading the language
articles in the Encyclopedia Britannica as well as frustrated by the
irregularities of French. Needless to say, this was all a pastime.

 > > 2nd (choices 4 through 10) What linguistic mechanisms have you
applied when
 > > conlanging?

    (x) Studies on Sound Change
    ( ) Studies on Analogical Change
    ( ) Studies on Semantic Change
    () Studies on Syntactic Change
    ( ) Studies on Borrowing
    ( ) Studies on the Comparative Method for Language (Re)construction
    (x) Studies on Linguistic Classification

I was interested in creating regular agglutinating languages with some
inflections as well as with regular and relatively simple phonologies.
Consonant clusters were permitted as I find languages whose lexicons
consist mostly of strings of CV syllables boring.

 > > 3rd Your conlang is... (choices 11 through 15)

    (x) A priori
    ( ) A posteriori
    ( ) Auxlang
    (x ) Artlang
    ( ) Engelang

Vocabulary and syntax were a priori. One conlang was used as a
liturgical language in spoof religious cult I invented one summer with
some friends in California and it had an appropriate, if limited,
lexicon, so I guess it would be an artlang.

--John