---- "Njenfalgar" <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :

> Wow, and I thought Microsoft Word to be messy... (Only some fonts
> contain
> IPA characters, and inputting them is a rather nontrivial task.) Long
> live
> LaTeX's Tipa package! :-)

I completely agree! And when you don't have LaTeX handy, or don't know how it works, one alternative on Linux is to use the UIM input method library with its X-SAMPA input method package. You can then input IPA characters using their X-SAMPA mnemonics. And most fonts available on Linux are full of IPA characters so you shouldn't have a problem (I like personally the DejaVu fonts).
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

http://christophoronomicon.blogspot.com
http://www.christophoronomicon.nl

It takes a straight mind to create a twisted conlang.