> Den 12. des. 2008 kl. 22.00 skrev Carl Banks:> > > I am not the biggest expert on dialectal English, but I've never > > heard of au being pronounced /&U/ in any English dialect, only > > foreign languages.

If that "&" means [] (ash), I have... in PHiladelphian "growl" "now" though not in many other words (generally by the same people who pronounce the /ay/ diphthong as [QI] or even [OI])
OTOH if "&" means [@], then [@U] is very Canadian, but also Chesapeake/Tidewater area, and even some deep south (I've heard it from Georgians).> > I think I have heard it in Liverpool, but this is rather the ou > diphthong. The one in Scouse. Similar to the Dutch uy in Kuyt, I think.> > LEF