> AFAIK, while Lojban is not originally intended as an
> auxlang, the suggestion that it be used as one finds
> support from a sizeable part of the Lojban community.
>
> (I don't think it is a good idea, though.  Learning
> Lojban requires understanding formal logic, which is
> way too "mathematical" for most people.  You cannot
> treat millions of tourists and businesspeople to
> learn formal logic just to learn a *language*.
> But enough of that here; this is not AUXLANG.)

I can see one benefit of using a language grounded in formal logic,
and that would be the writing of formal agreements (and perhaps laws).

But Auxlanging isn't fun anyway. I am most likely some sort of mix
between funlanger and artlanger, and as long as we have English as our
Auxlang, I won't have to worry.