Gary Shannon wrote:
> According to the preface of the book the book is for teaching English-speaking students how to diagram sentences. They start very simple and get more complex. I have found that they cover an awful lot of grammatical ground and make excellent test sentences for conlangs. In addition, they provide a wide ranging lexicon that helps fill holes in conlang dictionaries.
>
> --gary

I don't disagree. I just need to work out some sentences which do a
similar job for Akat - I need sentences that test the grammar and syntax
in a more methodical way than the sentences I'm currently working
through manage to do.

The early chapters of the McGuffey primer are wonderfully sonorous!
Another thing to keep in mind when collecting examples for the "Teach
Yourself Akat" webpages ...

Rik