On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Elliott Lash <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "A Million Words and Counting"
>
> There is a google books version. Interestingly and somewhat annoyingly, my language Silindion, is listed as one of the languages 'heavily influenced by' or 'based upon' Latin.   While I have said on some websites in the

Besides that I count three errors or egregious
oversimplifications in the three paragraphs about
Toki Pona, Esperanto and Ido.

> Have any of you heard of this book or the author?  I guess there's nothing one can do now that it's been published. I am annoyed that I wasn't contacted about it

I think Language Log had a post or two last year
criticizing this guy's sloppy research etc., specifically
re: the claim that English recently surpassed
a million words.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/