Mark J. Reed schrieb:
> (1) Digests - the list software seems to use a non-MIME digest format,
> which forces all messages in a given digest to be given only a single
> character set label, but then doesn't actually convert them all to the
> same character set.

Actually the list software *does* have a MIME option, but in my case I
stopped using it when I switched over to Thunderbird because TB somehow
isn't able to import the messages into the program by drag and drop, but
instead shows the individual messages as downloadable attachments.
Otherwise one encoding for the whole digest is assumed. I know there are
add-ons to handle the import and export of messages and attachments more
comfortably, but those typically caused unwanted side-effects for me
such as mangling the headers of the attached messages or splitting
things just *somewhere* in the middle of mails, for whatever reason.
However I found this solution impractical, so I switched back to
receiving individual messages as they are sent. In Outlook Express you
could simply select the attached messages and draw them into the folder
of the program they should go into, without any mangling. I really miss
that function in TB.

Carsten

--
Ang ming sungva baloybenungley nā ya: