That's the name of the book. The author is Paul J.J. Payack.  I've been reading up about him - he sounds slightly crazy. The book is about English vocabulary.

-Elliott

----- Original Message ----
From: Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 5:30:18 PM
Subject: Re: "A Million Words and Counting" - New Book

I seem not to have recieved the original post in this
thread.  To what book are we referring?  Is it called
_A Million Words and Counting_?  Is it about conlangs
or does it just mention some?  Who wrote it?

Adam

--- Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Elliott Lash
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > "A Million Words and Counting"
> >
> > There is a google books version. Interestingly and
> somewhat annoyingly, my language Silindion, is
> listed as one of the languages 'heavily influenced
> by' or 'based upon' Latin.   While I have said on
> some websites in the
>
> Besides that I count three errors or egregious
> oversimplifications in the three paragraphs about
> Toki Pona, Esperanto and Ido.
>
> > Have any of you heard of this book or the author?
> I guess there's nothing one can do now that it's
> been published. I am annoyed that I wasn't contacted
> about it
>
> I think Language Log had a post or two last year
> criticizing this guy's sloppy research etc.,
> specifically
> re: the claim that English recently surpassed
> a million words.
>
> --
> Jim Henry
> http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/

Ed ņavisud in junu suņu pera nun regrediri ad ul Erodu, regrediruns ad il sustrus provinchi peu'l via aurra.

Machu 2:12