Do any of you sedate kids to get a septic wu done?  I had a 4 week old
(today he was 4weeks) with fever of 38.6 who looked quite good ,
feeding bottle avidly, had hx cough and was rsv neg. no one could get
iv (nicu nurses tried eight times) and i could not get lp due to xs
squirming.  It would seem to be so much easier for me and prob for kid
to give i m ketamine, get a line (groin if needed or ej) and do the lp
on a stationary target.  Whaddya think?  whaddya do?   would everyone
have done a complete work up?  we got cbc,crp and ua/cxr which were
normal and the cx was pending of course.

don

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html