seems quite extreme to me...
TZ

In a message dated 1/18/2009 7:11:46 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Do any  of you sedate kids to get a septic wu done?  I had a 4 week old
(today he was 4weeks) with fever of 38.6 who looked quite good ,
feeding bottle avidly, had hx cough and was rsv neg. no one could  get
iv (nicu nurses tried eight times) and i could not get lp due to  xs
squirming.  It would seem to be so much easier for me and  prob for kid
to give i m ketamine, get a line (groin if needed or  ej) and do the lp
on a stationary target.  Whaddya think?   whaddya do?   would everyone
have done a complete work  up?  we got cbc,crp and ua/cxr which were
normal and the cx was  pending of course.

don

For more information, send mail to  [log in to unmask] with the
message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the  PED-EM-L Web Page is:
http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

steps!