We are evaluating many processes that could potentially positively impact
efficiency and throughput.  One I am keenly interested in is the use of
scribes. Is any department or group using  dedicated scribes and what has
been the experience?  We soon will be transitioning to Cerner EMR and I am
most interested to hear back from anyone who use scribes 1) with an EMR such
as Cerner and 2) with residents.
Feel free to respond directly to me so as to not cloud the listserv with
such a specific topic/ question.

Thank you!!

--
Scott H. Freedman, MD
Medical Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html