I recently discovered we no longer have warmed bags of IVF in our
trauma/resuscitation bay.  Reportedly, The Joint Commission has said that due
to poor temperature control in blanket warmers, bags of IVF stored in blanket
warmers can develop bacteria.  Has anyone experienced this?

Secondly, how routine is it for your trauma center to hang a warm bag of IVF
on every trauma patient.  I know studies have shown that a warm bag with
cold tubing leads to cold fluids, but I am curious about different centers'
protocols for trauma patients and +/- warm IVF.

Thanks

Frank
--
Frank L. Overly, MD