My colleagues and I in connecticut are tryng to develop statewide guidelines for triage of patients with sickle cell disease.  These guidlines will target both adult and pedatric facilities.

There appears to be a wide range of approaches to this issue especially in adult EDS

As a first step I would like to get all EDs in our state assgning all sickle cell patients who present with pain to level 2 triage status.  I am looking for published triage guidelines from national/international organizations which list sickle cell pain as a level 2 triage criteria.  Please contact me if you know of any.  Thanks.

Bill

William T. Zempsky, MD
Associate Director, Pain Relief Program
Connnecticut Children's Medical Center